By Scott M. Grundy (auth.), Scott M. Grundy (eds.)
In this up to date 5th variation of the Atlas of Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome (formerly the Atlas of Atherosclerosis), the editors have compiled a accomplished replace at the box of atherosclerosis. This four-color atlas comprises particular legends and wide reference listings for hundreds and hundreds of illustrations, algorithms, schematics, and photographs. This re-creation focuses extra heavily on metabolic syndrome, in addition to comprehensively masking many different themes together with diabetes and vascular possibility, weight problems administration, nutritional issues, drug remedy, gender and ethnicity alterations, etc. The notable, four-color structure mixed with the breadth of knowledge it includes make this booklet a useful source for physicians, cardiologists, and all pros all for the learn and remedy of atherosclerosis.
Read Online or Download Atlas of Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome PDF
Similar nonfiction_9 books
Genomics learn has nice power to revolutionize the self-discipline of plant breeding. This two-volume set presents a severe overview of genomics instruments and methods for crop breeding. quantity 1, entitled "Genomics methods and Platforms", illustrates cutting-edge genomics ways and structures almost immediately on hand for crop development.
Steels are by means of a long way crucial building fabrics for lots of functions. Many smooth options of fabrics technological know-how are getting used in steels, e. g. , in micro-alloyed steels minute quantities of alloying parts shape nanoscale carbides to yield more suitable power values. All of those mechanisms need to be managed within the construction amenities on a scale of 1000's of plenty.
Carotid Artery Stenting: a pragmatic consultant deals novices a modern useful guide. because the approval for Carotid Artery Stenting (CAS) grows, so too does the call for in wisdom and suggestions for this technically hard and excessive possibility method. The publication aids optimum results in the course of early reviews with CAS by way of aiding to prevent many universal pitfalls.
The computational modelling of deformations has been actively studied for the final thirty years. this is often normally because of its huge diversity of purposes that come with laptop animation, clinical imaging, form estimation, face deformation in addition to different components of the human physique, and item monitoring. furthermore, those advances were supported by way of the evolution of computing device processing features, allowing realism in a extra subtle means.
- Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Biomolecular Regulation and Cancer, Second Edition
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- The P2 Nucleotide Receptors
- Spectroscopy: New Uses and Implications
Extra info for Atlas of Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome
35. Lake S, Krook A, Zierath JR: Analysis of insulin signaling pathways through comparative genomics. Mapping mechanisms for insulin resistance in type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 2003, 111:191–197. 36. Saltiel AR, Pessin JE: Insulin signaling in microdomains of the plasma membrane. Traffic 2003, 4:711–716. 37. Ruderman NB, Dean D: Malonyl CoA, long chain fatty acyl CoA and insulin resistance in skeletal muscle. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 1998, 9:295–308.
73. : National Heart Lung, and Blood Institute Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation; National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee: the seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA 2003, 289:2560–2572. 74. Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus: American Diabetes Association: clinical practice recommendations 2002.
Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome by age. The prevalence of the metabolic syndrome rises with age, regardless of the definition used. By the age of 65 years, almost half of the participants in the national and population-based Australian Diabetes, Obesity, and Lifestyle Study met the criteria for one or more of the clinical definitions of the metabolic syndrome. Aging populations in the developing world are one reason for the predicted global increases in the metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and their complications in the decades to come.