By Florence Tamagne
E-book through Tamagne, Florence
Read Online or Download A History of Homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris 1919-1939, Volume II PDF
Best gay & lesbian books
This quantity offers quite a lot of contributions that examine the cultural, sociological and communicative value of tears and crying in Graeco-Roman antiquity. The papers hide the time from the 8th century BCE till past due antiquity and take note of a vast number of literary genres equivalent to epic, tragedy, historiography, elegy, philosophical texts, epigram and the unconventional.
This e-book contributes to a serious knowing of the way chinese language same-sex identification in city China is variously imagined; the way it is reworked; and the way it provides its resistances as China maintains to speak in confidence international strength family members. both very important, the e-book will 1) sharpen wisdom of China’s fresh socio-economic switch and political schedule, 2) construct a better wisdom of chinese language cultural, sexual and moral values and three) provide new views on ‘Chineseness’ and chinese language same-sex identification.
This can be a pre-1923 historic copy that was once curated for caliber. caliber coverage used to be carried out on each one of those books in an try to eliminate books with imperfections brought via the digitization approach. notwithstanding now we have made top efforts - the books could have occasional blunders that don't abate the interpreting event.
In Anthropology and Social idea the award-winning anthropologist Sherry B. Ortner attracts on her longstanding curiosity in theories of cultural perform to reconsider key suggestions of tradition, employer, and subjectivity for the social sciences of the twenty-first century. The seven theoretical and interpretive essays during this quantity every one suggest reconfiguring, instead of forsaking, the concept that of tradition.
- Gender Reversals and Gender Cultures: Anthropological and Historical Perspectives
- The Faggots and Their Friends Between Revolutions
- Ruling Women: Government, Virtue, and the Female Prince in Seventeenth-Century France
- The Ganymede Project
- The World of Homosexuals
- Policy Issues Affecting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Families
Additional resources for A History of Homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris 1919-1939, Volume II
II chapters, nineteen of which discuss flowers and animals and the final one touching very briefly on human sexuality. The second consists of four chapters; the first two are devoted to plants and animals, the third to “Puberty and Adolescence,” and the fourth to a sermon! Masturbation is closely related to the question of homosexuality. It is vilified at length; it is difficult to determine when the term is used in a strict sense and when it is meant in the broad sense, including homosexuality, for, in the authors’ minds, solitary masturbation must lead to mutual masturbation.
The feminist movements were held responsible for this domestic rebellion. Very soon “the New Woman” was attacked as a manifestation of all that was wrong, a symbol of degeneracy. 42 This was a total inversion of perspective: whereas the “old maid” had formed part of the British traditional landscape, she sudden became a threat to society; in every unmarried woman, a lesbian might be hiding. Carefully meting out counsel and warnings, information on female sexuality began to be disseminated, especially in the 1930s, a sign of the tighter morals in the wake of the crisis.
44. 29. 23 A History of Homosexuality in Europe Vol. II The most complete work is that of Laura Hutton, The Single Woman and her Emotional Problems, going back to 1937. The author distinguishes the initiator, the true lesbian, masculine, already identifiable in childhood due to her boyish tastes, and the seduced woman who is not homosexual but falls into the clutches of one who is, out of simple ignorance and sexual frustration. The danger to the latter is in giving in to the “excitation” and no longer being able to do without such unnatural caresses.